Certification Program in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language Took Start
"Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language Certification Program" co-organized by Yunus Emre Enstitüsü and the Gazi University, took start Gazi University Turkish Learning, Research and Application Centre (TÖMER). Program to be held between December 12th, 2016 and January 6th, 2017 is aimed at participants who wish to gain experience in teaching Turkish as a foreign language.
Opening ceremony of the program held on December 12th 2016, Monday was attended by Gazi University TÖMER Director Assoc. Dr. Nezir Temur and Yunus Emre Enstitüsü Turkish Language Instruction Centre Director Kerim Sarıgül. In the opening speech of the program, Assoc. Dr. Nezir Temur expressed their gladness in sharing the experience and knowledge of Gazi University in this area with, stating that the participants will greatly benefit from the academics and experts in the seminars and at the same time, they will learn the tricks of trade from experienced lecturers in training courses and ended his speech by wishing participants success.
Yunus Emre Enstitüsü Turkish Instruction Director Kerim Sarıgül marked in his speech that Yunus Emre Enstitüsü covers more ground each day in the field of teaching Turkish in the world and has opened 50 centres in 40 countries so far, and stated that they have taught tens of thousands of people Turkish in their own countries and introduced Turkish culture. He expressed that Turkish instruction is not about conveying a language skill, but also establishing friendships between people and societies by appealing to their hearts. Stating that they are pleased to be realising this certification program that caters to a major need in the field of Turkish instruction, Sarıgül thanked Gazi University for their cooperation and wished success to participants.
In the program to last for 4 weeks, participants will receive theoretical and practical trainings. The following seminar courses will be offered as part of the program:
• Introduction to Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• Classroom Relations and Management in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• Joint Application Letter for European Languages Instruction and Turkish Instruction
• The Place of Cultural Elements in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• First Course in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• Theories and Approaches in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• Misconceptions in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• Language Instruction and Practices with Integrated Approach
• Body Language and Rhetoric
• Material Preparation Techniques in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• Yunus Emre Enstitüsü Education Policy and Course Tools and Materials
• Teaching Vocabulary in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• Listening Skills in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• Reading Skills in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• Writing skills in Teaching Turkish as a foreign language
• Speaking Skills in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• Exam Preparation Criteria in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• Test Application and Evaluation Criteria in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language
• Language Instruction to Children Through ÇİT and Activities
• Z - Book and Technology-Based Language Instruction
After evaluation of seminar and practice exams of participants, certificates will be presented to successful candidates in the closing program to be held on January 6th , 2017.