TURKEY IN THE WORLD CULTURAL HERITAGE -ARCHAEOLOGY SUMMER SCHOOL
Along with educational activities, Yunus Emre Institute organizes art and culture events and supports scientific studies all around the globe through Yunus Emre Turkish Culture Centres and offices at various universities worldwide.
In this scope, Yunus Emre Institute is organizing the Turkey’s Place in World Cultural Heritage – Archaeology Summer School as part of its thematic summer schools to present the world a deeper insight into Turkey’s cultural heritage. We hereby invite you to join this program to be attended by university students interested in cultural heritage and archaeology, where you will get the chance to gain astounding experience about Turkey’s cultural heritage through academic seminars and visits to archaeological sites and museums during the course of two weeks.
- Theme and subject
- Seminars and workshops: Seminars rich in content to be delivered by experts like academicians, archaeologists, museum directors etc. about Anatolian civilizations, their archaeology, history and the analysis of the same from the viewpoint of architecture and art history etc.
- Film and documentary screenings: Screening of documentaries and films about archaeological sites and excavation areas
- Field visits: Visits to the archaeological sites of Troy, Ephesus, Göbeklitepe, Boğazköy-Hattusa; Troy Museum, Anatolian Civilizations Museum, Zeugma, Şanlıurfa, Çorum and Boğazköy Museums; Istanbul Archaeology Museum & Library
- Historic and touristic sightseeing tours: Sightseeing tours to Çanakkale, Izmir, Şanlıurfa, Gaziantep, Ankara, Çorum, and Istanbul.
- Date and Venue of the Program
The program will take place in Çanakkale, Izmir, Şanlıurfa, Gaziantep, Ankara, Çorum and İstanbul between July 22nd – August 04th, 2019.
- Target Group and Participation Conditions
Only one person per country will be admitted to the program. 25 people will be accepted in total who will constitute a single class from among those meeting the requirements below.
- Good command of English (at least B2)
- Should be between 18-35 years of age
- Should be open to intercultural dialogue
- Should have a genuine interest in cultural heritage and archaeology
- Should be studying/have studied a social science such as archaeology, culture studies, history, geography, cultural anthropology, folklore, art history, etc.
- Should preferably a freshman or sophomore at the university level
- Should have no health problems that could impede traveling
- Program Language
Medium of instruction and communication in the programme will be English, due to the international participation.
Single rooms at dormitories/guesthouses of universities or other public institutions.
- Date and Method of Application
Applications shall be made online at the address basvuru.yee.org.tr between March 27th – April 25th, 2019.
- Scholarship covers the following:
International and local transportation
Three meals a day
- Scholarship does not cover the following:
Personal travel insurance